Amiga500-Plus and a512 expansion

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi.

I have this Amiga500-Plus machine. And if I put a 512k expansion in the trapdoor, it gives 1.5mb Chip. The same with a 1mb expansion, gives 2mb Chip Ram in total. Then I have this a512 expansion. The question is. As the a512 have a passthrough port. Can I extend it with whatever expansion I want? Like if I attach a BooBip expansion after the a512. Will I then get 1mb extra Chip and 512k Slowmem. Like 1mb Chip from expansion plus 512k Ranger upgrade? Or do I need 3xa512 in one row, in order to achieve 2mb Chip plus 512k Slow in total, on an Amiga500-Plus?

• The question is. As the a512 have a passthrough port. Can I extend it with whatever expansion I want?

Yes, that's what the product description says.

Like 1mb Chip from expansion plus 512k Ranger upgrade?

No, the highest possible expansion on the internal trapdoor port of the Amiga500plus is +1MB Chip ram. There is no possibility to add ranger-mem.

Or do I need 3xa512 in one row,

As the A512 manual says, the pass-through of the second A512 MUST stay empty.

If you want ranger-mem at $00c0.0000, I suggest to add the ACA500plus accelerator, which can give you that exact memory config (and many others).

• Good to hear that I can use two a512's. Yet a shame that the Amiga500-Plus can not adress aditional memory from the trapdoor as ranger/slow mem. :-( The boobip that I have, did come with an Gary adaptor. So I will check if it conflicts or not, with my TF-530, once I get the MeanWell PSU in the mail. The TF-530 did collide with Chipmem that I had adressed with the Gary adaptor, as to why I did the ChipMem-mod/500-Plus-Upgrade on my 500. Just a shame that the 500Plus can not do what I want.

• Awesome thread...just what i was going to ask....lol But I have a 6a mobo A500 not plus

A600 Furia with 020/33 9.5 meg fast...32gb SD...Pi1 Dfo: Geotec DF1:....A604n...Indivision V2...RTC....Prisma card Wirless Keyboard

A500 rev6a project

Xbox Classic with WinUAEX

Rasberry PI3/Amibian

Dell Laptop Winuae

• There are no "recommended" cards, because there's only a single negative report, and that's from my side: I have a Hama 4G card that does not work. Other cards just work - there's just no negative reports since the ACA500plus is on the market.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.