VGA artifacts? [Solved]

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

So far impressed with the TC64 as it is my first time ever owning one. For whatever the reason, there seems to be extras being drawn on the very left of the screen. I figured maybe it was the monitor or something else, so I tried it out on another screen. The same thing is happening.

It moves according to what is moving on the screen. It is even more noticeable on 1024x768.

Just wondering what is causing it or maybe some tips on what to do to alleviate it. On my primary screen, that extra line is drawn to the very very edge on the left passed the border.

Thanks. :)

• Hi,

Hmm, indeed on 1024x768@60Hz (and higher resolutions like 1280x1024) i see the same. Its like a horizontal line is duplicated and displayed at the most left position. I can only test these modes on 60Hz

Never noticed this since i personally prefer 800x600 (with VSync = 50Hz). In this mode , everything is perfect here without the extra "add on" ;).

Turning Vsync off or using an other scaling method doesnt seem to matter, but the frequency does. When i use 60Hz i see the extra line on the left side again.

I dont know youre setup, region , settings etc, but maybe you can give a 50hz screen mode a try to see if this works for you too?

Used setups :

- C64 Reloaded MK2 (with 8569R3, 6581R4, 8580R5,2x 6522 and 8500) + TC64V2, no other hardware added.

- C64G, same configuration as the reloaded except for the stereo sid.

• Thanks for the reply...

DOH! I forgot about the whole 50hz vs 60hz. :P It is a PAL C64. The resolutions I did have set were all on 60hz Since this main monitor didn't like 50Hz. The 2nd monitor didn't mind 50hz. After putting it at 800x600 @ 50 Hz, it went away...... :P

Thanks again.. I think that was the issue.

• Doffo

Changed the title of the thread from “VGA artifacts?” to “VGA artifacts? [Solved]”.
  • The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.