Can I browse the SD-card over the network when using RRNET ?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I have a RRNet MK3 installed in my TC64_v2 and I was wondering: If it's connected to the LAN and I have a PC on the same LAN, can I reach the TC64 SD card from the PC so that I can add/remove/browse files over the network ?

Good question, right ? :-)

• espskog

Changed the title of the thread from “Can I reach the SD-card over the network when using RRNET ?” to “Can I browse the SD-card over the network when using RRNET ?”.
  • No, that does not work. The amount of software that would have to run on the Chameleon would be enormous: A TCP/IP stack, an implementation of Samba... that's not realistic for an 8-bit system.

• Or you can use codenet to execute (single load) applications remote and use warpcopy to write to a real 1541 for multiloaders ;)

Then you can use the tv power button as reset when connected to the USB of youre television:D.

And no, i dont do this, i use the chameleon with a real c64, but its possible..

• It's FTP - however the 1541U works very different to the Chameleon, there is a RISC CPU (implemented in FPGA) which runs the TCP/IP stack and the telnet/ftp servers. We can not do this on the Chameleon.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.