any new Amiga 500 accelerator in the works?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hey!

Just got my a500 recapped and cleaned and ready to go, but I would like to get a ACA500+ or something for smooth and simple whdl gaming goodness... :love:

Thought I would ask first if there are any ACA500+ successor in the works or if I can just go ahead and order?

Would be just my luck if I order now and in a couple of weeks a successor would be announced or something ;(

Thanks!

• A new version of ACA500+ was released only a few months ago (late last year), so I doubt there will be any hardware update for it for a while.

But then again I am not Indiv. Comp. so I can only comment on what I see and have :)

• The ACA500plus is a very successful product - no matter what review I am forwarded, people say that the feature set is great as-is, and my initial strategy to unify the "accelerator port" using the A1200 connector is als taken very positive.

In other words: No matter what accelerator I develop next, it'll be compatible with the ACA500plus and the A1200 at the same time. No need to change the ACA500plus itself - it's a great (re-)entry basis for the "hobby Amiga".

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.