ECSv2 blank screen A2500 when using expansion bay metal bracket

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello there,

Recently purchased the new ECSV2 for my A2500, also purchased the VGA metal bracket to attach the vga plug into. When i use without the expasion bay plate works fine if i attach it to the bracket and it touches the chassis it blanks the screen out on cold boot, warm boot & running etc ... The earth lead is also attached to the ECSv2 and the motherboard mount point in front of the video slot next to the psu. Also tried without the earth lead no difference. i also have a scart and HDMI box runing of the rgb port and i can see a picture on this when the ECSv2 does not display.

Removed the bracket from the vga cable so its just hangin out the back for the time being.

• This sounds like a bad VGA cable of Indivision ECS V2. Please remove the two bolts and pull back the black cover, then take a picture of the wire that goes to the chassis of the VGA connector: Is that maybe touching any unwanted contact?

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.