ACA 1221Lc Sync CPU

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Jens. I have again tried my 1221lc and it will cold boot with no startup-sequence but repeatedly guru's on warm boot and/or startup-sequence with 8000 000B. I haven't tried the 14 mhz again it is set at 26mhz as you might remember 14mhz wouldn't write to rom.

I also have 2 1230 cards now; one with a black replacement header, slightly burnt pcb from that work and no box; and the one I recently posted about which I'd probably like to put a 68EC030RP25C cpu in and no box.

And also a Vesalia 1231 with no box (working but retiring).

Do you have boxes for these cards (1221lc has a box) and would you be up to refurbishing the 1221lc and 2 1230's?

Thought I'd ask.

• If someone else has worked on the cards before, I'd prefer not to work on these cards, as I have to give warranty by law. If the ACA1221lc is within the warranty period, I'm happy to take a look at it. It sounds like something that's resolved with some love for the CPU.

The original boxes that were used for the ACA1230 are different from the one you have for the ACA1221lc: About twice as big and black, in the old design that was in line with the website pre-2014. I don't have these old boxes any more, and selling you a new empty box wouldn't make it "original".

Jens

• Hi Jens. I took another opportunity to look at my ACA 1221lc with a meter. You mentioned the Mosfet U2 might be an issue.

The meter readings are:

GATE 1.38, 1.99 ohms (1-2, 1-3)

DRAIN 1.99, 1.99 ohms (5-6, 5-7)

Source / .694 ohms (8-4)

PIN + 7-2 .74 ohms

2-7 1.38 ohms

6-3 1.99 ohms

3-6 1.99 ohms

I haven't done such a test, and the readings certainly don't correspond to a healthy Mosfet according to the Youtube tutorial.

Are you able to shed any light on the matter. TIA.

• U2 is not a MOSFET. It's the microcontroller that brings up the system before the 68ec020 starts, and provides autoconfig information from it's ROM.

I hope you haven't destroyed the unit with your measurements. Did you unsolder it? Who told you that this is a FET?

Jens

• I haven't done any unsoldering as that voids support. The microcontroller U2 (as you've described previously which I didn't check) looked like a MOSFET pictured on a YT tutorial and I followed the instructions there. The card was not powered and the meter has no current (?) only resistance check. So I don't think it would be further damaged.