Xsurf100 et supraRam 2000

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • bonjour j'ai un 2000 avec gvp combo 030 avec 12mo de ram 32bit, un xsurf100 et un supra de ram avec 4 mo. dès que je veux me connecter à internet l'amiga ce bloc et dès que j'enlève le supraram pas de problème

• hello I have a 2000 with gvp combo 030 with 12mb ram 32bit, an xsurf100 and Supra ram with 4 mo. as soon as I want to connect to the internet the amiga this block and as soon as I remove the supraram no problem

• If I remember right, the Supra RAM card is 16-bit memory only, so it slows down your computer. Before I suggest launching a memory tester or even ask what kind of TCP/IP stack you're using, I'd suggest to remove the card for good. It's not that much memory anyway, and the 12MB on your accelerator are giving you a lot more performance.

Surely, this has nothing to do with the X-Surf-100.

• The G-Force 030 card is placing the first 2x 4MB banks into the 8M AutoConfig space. This leaves no room for the Supra 4MB 16-bit. I suspect it doesn't like being ShutUp by the AutoConfig process, thereby disturbing the (assumed) next downstream X-Surf card in the configuration sequence.

There is technically a way to get the 16-bit RAM to fit with some SIMM32 bank shuffling, but as Jens pointed out, the 16-bit RAM is not an asset. Sell the Supra board, and pick up a 4MB GVP SIMM32, and you have your extra 4MB, no conflict (it will map high with the 3rd SIMM32 module), and it will all be 32-bit RAM.

Former GVP Tech Support 1989-93, GuruROM Maker/Supporter (as personal time allows)

• Keep an eye on eBay, for a UK seller, who offers new/clone 4MB GVP SIMM32 . They post a few modules every so often. 'GVP SIMM' can be your search.

I saw a different seller in the UK offering a used 16MB module when I looked just a bit ago. That module, while it technically would give you 4MB more if placed in the last (lower-most) socket, it would not offer you the full 16MB amount more. The card only supports the 4MB sized modules.

Please ignore the seller with the more than 10x overpriced 4MB module they are associating with the video toaster.

There was also a 1MB module from Germany - that is not what you want. The speed of the RAM parts is also not a match for your board.

Former GVP Tech Support 1989-93, GuruROM Maker/Supporter (as personal time allows)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.