Just recieved Turbo Chamelon 64 V2 and two buttons stuck

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Just use a simple screw.

PZ1 *is* a simple screw. It's just that you probably used a PH1 screw driver, which happens to be the wrong tool.

Trouble is that Thermoplast screws are not available with PH1 head. I could go for Torx, but that's even more uncommon.

• As I said in an earlier post, I had to use all the force I have to open it. As I also stated, I am working as an electrician and have been doing so for almost 25 years so I have fairly high strength for screwing/unscrewing. I had a screwdriver that was fitting good enough to get some really good force/torgue without damaging the screw, in my opinion. The screw still got slightly damaged because I had to use enormous force. It took all the strength I had. My wrist actually hurt afterwards. LOL.

While I had absolutely no problems unscrewing the screw on an Epyx fast loader cartridge I had laying around. Nice to hear you got it solved on your own :)

Lucky that I am based in Asia and it is pretty cheap to repair and to get the parts.. I am kind of technical but not in a sense of soldering... In Europe it would have cost me at least 2-3x more to fix...

• PZ1 *is* a simple screw. It's just that you probably used a PH1 screw driver, which happens to be the wrong tool.

Trouble is that Thermoplast screws are not available with PH1 head. I could go for Torx, but that's even more uncommon.

Why a thermoplast screw is needed? Why not use a standard screw like in Epyx fast loader cartridge which fits with standard PH1 screw driver? Users should not have to molest the cartridge just to be able to open it. Especially when additional parts like RR-Net needs to be installed. Not every user has a repairshop at home with all kind of tools. My thermoplast screw is already "screwed" and has been replaced with a standard screw......

• Why a thermoplast screw is needed?

Because you need to choose the right kind of thread for the right kind of material. The cartridge case is made of plastic, and while other threads might work OK-ish, the right thing to use is a thermoplast screw.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.