Buddha 20th Edition CD-ROM Issue

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi, I have a buddha 20th edition installed in my A2000 along with and indivision ecs v2, an ace2 2mb, gvp geforce 040 with 64mb, GBAPII++, and xsurf. I have used a 8gb cf card to create a wb install from the dom. With my cf card adapter as master and cd rom connected on the same cable as slave i install the cd rom software but when find device loads it brings up a message for buddha_atapi.device saying Failed to initialize, cant find the BUDDHA semophore, probably the ide driver is not loaded. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

• You're mixing old and new Buddha Software. Timm has worked on CD installation for the Buddha some time ago, please consult the Wiki for that. The old Finddevice and other scripts from Elaborate Bytes are not required any more.

• If you are still getting the "cant find the BUDDHA semophore" error message, then you are not using the latest software, but the old buddha_atapi.device instead of the new buddhascsi.device. Same advice: Do not mix old and new software. Just delete all the old stuff.

Jens

• Hi, I`ve carried out an update to the DOM and done a fresh install of wb3.1. I have my cf card reader set to master and tthe cd rom as the slave on the same cable, but the buddha is still not detecting the cd rom drive. I have also tried connecting the cd rom to the right hand port on the buddha with the cd set to master, but it still doesnt detect it.