Micromys V5 Problems in DirOpus4 with OS3.2.1

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello Jens,

I had purchased a Micromys V5 Adapter a few weeks ago and had some troubles pinpointing the exact circumstances of my DirOpus problems at first, but now I have figured it out:

When I load the micromys driver in user-startup and load DirOpus4 and use the scroll wheel then DirOpus won't react to any input for a few seconds. Very annoying.

Although DirOpus4 may be old, I assume it's still the most used Amiga application at all, so it would be cool if it would work with Micromys.

My setup: A1200, WB3.2.1, DirOpus4.16 & DirOpus4.17pre21, Micromys dip switches to amiga wheel.

Yes, I read the other micromys thread about OS3.2 and I have tried that beta driver, but no change there. And yes it has something to do with 3.2 because my 3.9 installation does not show this behaviour. But my old Cocolino worked with 3.2 without any problems.

As OS 3.2 is used by many users by now I am kindly asking you to support this OS with your driver, too.

Beste Regards,

Zodiac

• Isn't wheel support built into 3.2, so you don't need a driver at all?

The FreeWheel application is not required any more, but the Micromys driver for the wheel is still needed.

Since you confirm that your older OS3.9 install works, and the same solution that worked for others in OS3.2 does not work for you, I will have to point you to Hyperion support for a solution. We do not use OS3.2 for development, and if Hyperion breaks something in the OS (actually making money on it), the cost of fixing this can't be put on us.

• I don't agree: When Commodore released OS3.1 you also couldn't say "If they break something which worked with OS3.0, they should support it, because they make the money."

OS 3.2 is THE current AmigaOS and accessory vendors have to adapt to it.

Otherwise I have the right to return the item because it does not work with current Amigas - that's my opinion.

• Of course you have a right of revocation for up to 14 days after the product was delivered to you. However, the "compatible with current Amigas" thing is already given: See the very support thread that you've found. We comply with the documentation of OS3.2, even communicated with Hyperion because of the evident error. We did adapt (despite us already complying with the documentation), and it worked under OS 3.2. Obviously, it broke under OS3.2.1. This is where I have to say "no" - we can't keep debugging things for others.

You've bought an OS, and things broke when you've made a minor update to that OS. Who is to blame?

• I've been diving into the communication from October 2021 with the programmer: The changes we've made are purely based on the hid.class changes that were necessary for Poseidon under OS3.2.

Since we do NOT have any copy of OS3.2 registered with Hyperion (we only sell sealed CDs), and we're not registered for their support, we need someone else to open a support ticket with Hyperion in order to gain contact with the programmers. Would you please do that?

• Late answer here but I simply could not register at the Hyperion forum.

I approached an OS 3.2 developer at the Amiga38 with this problem and she confirmed that no mouse events have been altered.

She told me to try disabling the scroll wheel setting in IControl. I did and everything works fine now.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.