ACE2b with CDTV

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I'm interested that product and would like to be sure it fits CDTV. I can't found any pictures.

It'll work, and it'll fit, as we have chosen the cable for the Gary-adapter to be long enough for the CDTV. This was a topic back when I made the very first version of ACE2, but it seems like I didn't take any pictures that I could post here - sorry. Rest assured that it fits.

How about a NTSC mode, what happens if I start PAL game from floppy?

That depends on the game itself: The Agnus will identify as NTSC, and if the software is bad, it may then believe it needs to switch to NTSC. We do have a bootblock-based switcher that you can boot into, or even put on your game disk. It's been published somewhere in this forum, but we'll put it in the Wiki later this week.

• Thanks for your answer. Space question is now answered.

About NTSC, I just ask generally to figure out what is practical meaning of NTSC Agnus on PAL country. What about WHDload games?

• will this software work on a Rev 6a with WHDLOAD? im running a pistorm and caffine os and when lauching games with Igame the bootm of the screen is cropped and cant see the entire game

cheers

Lou

• WHDload should already be enough, as it should be possible to set PAL or NTSC in the tooltypes.

Please note that your system has two NO-GOs for retro gaming: You are neither running the original CPU, nor the original OS.

Jens