Unexpected interaction between Buddha and X-Surf

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I noticed an interesting interaction between the Buddha and X-Surf boards while installing Zorro cards in my A2000.

If I install the X-Surf in a lower slot number than (one or more) Buddha cards; the BuddhaSpeed app reports "No Boards Found!"
    If I install the Buddha card in a lower numbered slot than the X-Surf; the BuddhaSpeed app finds the first Buddha without issue.

I tried my Buddha's and X-Surf in all slots except slot 1 as I kept my RTG card static in this slot during all testing.
    I thought I'd report this observation, just in case it affects anyone else. Specifically the "No Boards Found!" issue

My setup:
    Floppie209 Motherboard, No RAM pop, No 68000 pop, AmigaOS 3.2.1 ROM
    - TF536 in CPU slot (Matthias CPU adapter)
    - ACE2B in Agnus socket
    - Indivision ECS in Denise socket
    - Matze A1K RTG card in slot 1
    - Buddha 20th in slot 2
    - X-Surf in slot 3
    - CPLDICY in slot 5

I realize my hardware is a smidge uncommon, and I don't have a second A2000 to confirm my findings on :/
    I'm not reporting a card fault.. or requesting assistance... ;)

I'm just saying what I saw, and maybe one of you will see this to, and maybe flipping your card order will solve your issue. :thumbup:

• The Buddhaspeed tool doesn't do anything - it's just been shipped with the card for historical purposes, but the actual function "change the number of wait states" has been removed from the product some time around Y2K, when too many A1200 Zorro boards came out that acted up with inserting wait states. Given that it was only required to support really old AT-bus drives, nobody really missed the functionality.

I believe I have seen a report like this a few times before (after all, Buddha and X-Surf have both been available for almost 25 years now), but possibly not since this forum has been opened (summer 2018) - thanks for reporting. Now we have a record saying "please remove Buddhaspeed from your installation" :-)

• Well.. I was not here pre 2018
    In fact I'm not sure anything Amiga existed pre 2018, I'll just have to take your word for it.
    Certainly none of my Amiga's are pre 2018 :)

Removing BuddaSpeed is much easier than moving Zorro cards around.
    I'll just add that to the notes in the installation manual here... :D

Thank you,

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.