FREE Scan Doubler and Flicker Fixer for the A1200

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I never heard of this hack, its new to me. Install Picasso96 when asked for a graphics board chose one, I chose CV 64/3D and continue with the installation and reboot.

I was working on my 3000T installing more ram and rebooted without the CV64/3D graphics card. I went to PREFS and screen mode and noticed additional modes. I noticed NO FLICKER modes and Chose DBLNTSC: HIGH RES NO FLICKER (over the pond use the DBLPAL: High RES NO FLICKER), Then I chose test, and a test screen was shown, there was no flicker with my scan Doubler Flicker Fixer off. Caution DO NOT use any low-res modes. Note the frequencies of the screen mode and the 256 colors. This works on the A1200 and may work on the A2000, I don't have one so let me know. This is a software hack, on a stock A1200 there is a screen lag using an 030 accelerator should help. Adjust the screen settings as needed. Delete any CV 64/3D files. In PREFS delete Reaction, PVS, Picasso Mode. If you don't like using this just run Picasso96 again and chose to uninstall, be sure to check the monitor's option. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Edited once, last by A3000T: Jens informed me this old news. I just got my Amiga 3000D, 3000T and 1200 going last year and I just catching up and old news is new to me. ().

• That should be common knowledge after all these years: Some screenmodes are in Storage/monitors instead of the regular monitors drawer. Simply copying all monitor drivers from storage to the regular monitor drivers dir will make them available, no need to install any other software.

And yes, this puts a huge drain on chip ram performance that even an accelerator won't be able to compensate for. The time slots for chip ram access will just be blocked by gfx DMA.

• Jens

I looked on forums and never came across this. I needed this on my A1200, I am not a gamer, so the screen lag doesn't bother me. I looked is Storage and never noticed these modes.

What's the difference of an XC68060RC50A in my MKII for $400 - $600 and 68EC060RC75 on eBay other than the frequency for $50.00? Can it be used on an accelerator bare board kit?

• What's the difference of an XC68060RC50A in my MKII for $400 - $600 and 68EC060RC75 on eBay other than the frequency for $50.00? Can it be used on an accelerator bare board kit?

The EC060 neither has FPU, nor MMU. There's quite a few tricks required to make these work on an Amiga. We know what to do to make them work, but I believe that so far, nobody else has done this successfully. ACA1240/1260 is not too far in the future, and it'll support 68EC060 CPUs.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.