A604n plus Indivision ECS plus RTC I2C module?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • This is a strange question that I don't know who to ask about:

I have a working A604n+Subway+IndividualRTC+IndivsionECS all in the trapdoor of an A600.

I decided to try to replace the Individual RTC with this "RTC and Temperature Sensors Module" from AmigaKit.com:

https://www.amigakit.com/real-time-clock-sensors-module-clockport-p-91265.html

With the RTC+I2C module on the clockport, the computer fails to boot (black screen after the indivision logo)

If I remove the indivision, the system boots.

I don't know any technical details about the AmigaKit RTC+I2C, but my guess is that it's using data lines that the indivision isn't expecting. Does that sound accurate?

I'm also wondering if it might work if I fabricated a cable for the RTC+I2C module and tried it on the unused 2nd clockport of the A604n.

• I don't know any technical details about the AmigaKit RTC+I2C

Me neither, but it will have the highest probability to work if placed on the primary clock port (CN1). It will not work on the dedicated RTC port, as that only wires up a subset of the signals.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.