X-Surf-500 help

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

When I transfer files over FTP the speed is extremely slow, is there a way to make the transfer speeds faster?

I'm using AmiFTP on the Amiga side and FileZilla on the PC side.

Amiga is A500+ with ACA500plus.

Cheers

• To better understand what "extremely slow" means, what kind of performance are you getting, and what are you expecting? What networking components are between the PC and the Amiga? Maybe a router that does firewall operations?

• Does the speed change if you type on the keyboard repeatedly while transferring? This may be a lost-IRQ problem.

Further, please describe your setup completely, including all hardware and all software that's installed. Depending on the CPU, you should get a lot more than 10 bytes/sec. Even with a 68000 CPU, you should beat floppy speeds hands down.

• I'm not sure about when typing I can't test now as the machine is pack away.

The system is an A500+ in a Checkmate case so I guess thats where the problem could be. I will try it in my vanilla A500 when I get time to compare. As always thanks for the support.

• SIgh. Once again. Thanks for confirming.

How many dissatisfied Checkmate1500 customers are there? Should I look into making proper electronics for that case?

• HinJens,

Yes please I’m interested, Would be nice a ACA500PLUS, X-Surf-500, Accelerator and Budda Card or Graphics Card Support for higher resolution and colors.

In my case i like tu run a ACA500PLUS, X-Surf-500, ACA1234 or better and Budda Card.

Best regards

Alisha

• TBH, I was thinking of cleaning up the power supply part and scrapping the Zorro, as that would cause quite some development cost to make work. I doubt that anyone who has spent the money for a Checkmate case is willing to pay 300+ EUR for proper electronics.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.