Games & demos that recognizes the TC

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I think all ported games for the SuperCPU will take advantage of the TC.

(There is a website dedicated to this subject, but i dont know if its allowed to put the URL here …, but its easy to google ;-)

Some games like TestDrive will benefit, Some early 3d games are ported to the C64 to and only run on a accelerated c64 (doom, wolfenstein)

• Interesting to read. Does the games that were made with SuperCPU in mind work out of the box with the TC64 ? I mean, does the game "see" the TC64 Turbo-ability just as if it was a SuperCPU plugged in ?

• Also, keep in mind that the SCPU uses the 65816 CPU, which does NOT have the illegal opcodes of the 6510, but it does have some 16-bit operations that the 6510 does not have.

This means that some software that was specifically written for the SCPU may even crash, because it attempts to activate 16-bit mode. That's, however, the minority of programs. Most of the SCPU programs use the "fast 6502" mode of the SCPU only. These will either just work out f the box, or they only require small patches.

The "big plus" of the Chameleon turbo is that it emulates the 6502/6510 illegal opcodes. This is a "first" in the history of C64 accelerators, and it benefits just everything that was ever written for the C64. Take GEOS or the emulated "Printfox" cartridge for example: These become really worth working with, without changes to the existing software.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.