ACA1221lc With ACA500 Plus Not Seeing CF Card when ACA1221lc attached

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi

Recently fired up my amgia after about 3 months of no use and was getting nothing except the red power light on the amiga and nothing on dismo so took off the ACA1221lc and started working and did a cleanan install of 3.1 using the aca500plus auto installer.

Gave everything a good wipe with isopropyl alcohol and after the first clean was getting E0 on dismo and a red screen or sometimes a green screen with exec5 or exec11

After a second clean and backing of the card a couple of mm the accelerator is working however is now not seeing cf cards which work fine without the accelerator attached.

Computer is an amiga 500 rev6a with indivision ecs v2 ,a501 memory expansion and CA PSU. I’m guessing it’s a contact issue somewhere? Apart from trying to clean and reposition the card not sure how to proceed with further troubleshooting?

Thanks

• The ACA500plus gives a transparent 32-bit access to CF cards to any A1200 accelerator in order to speed things up. So this may really mean that there's a contact problem. Please re-try by pulling back the ACA1221lc by 1-2mm, so it's not pushed in all the way (as mentioned in the manual).

• Thanks for the speedy reply, I’ve tried backing off the card and very slight change

Still not seeing the boot card but I do get an error not a dos disk on CFAUX when boot using f1 on the aca500 plus and do see the cf slot lights flashing.

• Cleaning the port should be done with IPA and a micro fibre cloth - do not use contact sprays. The ACA1221lc side can be cleaned with an old toothbrush and IPA. It's safe to connect the two while they are still wet, and there is no need to wait until they're dry - voltages are so low that a bit of IPA left on the surface only helps contact.

If you see activity, there's already a lot working. I still only have that one "contact problem" explanation - it may also be worth inspecting the ACA1221lc side for bent pins.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.