Tc64 + MouSTer = ?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Ηello Jens-Tobias & everybody @the forum !.

I was wondering if the MouSter can work ok with Tc 64 ? is not something so important to have,since Tc has ps2 support,

but it would be nice to know if it can function with Tc64.:)

(MouSter is a Db9-> usb adaptor that allows most of the major 8/16bit home micros to connect

with Usb mouses & gamecontrollers).... Anybody tested ?

• Thanx so much Jens & Tobias ! yes,basically i wanted to know if Tc+Mouster can function

in Standalone mode -Mouster plugged in Docking Station.

So if i got it right,when Tc is plugged on a C64,Mouster should work Ok,

but with Docking Stn -No ? since 'only joysticks will work' ? :/

• In Cartridge mode (plugged into C64) anything that works with a C64 will work.

In Standalone mode (with the docking station) the "paddle" lines do not actually work as paddles, which is what the 1351 mouse uses, so that will NOT work.

• Just did a quick scan of the features, and found that the product in question doesn't even support any mouse wheel. You're really better off locating a PS2 mouse if you ask me.

• Just did a quick scan of the features, and found that the product in question doesn't even support any mouse wheel.

To be more precise so far as I understood this, mouSTer cannot use a mouse wheel as third mouse button. But it could be configured to make use of additional mouse buttons or a wheel to be mapped to any of the other mouse functions including an "auto fire mode" for each button.

• The trick is to relay the actual wheel information to the host computer, so the operating system can make use of the data - in Amiga mode, that would bee a FreeWheel driver, so you can really scroll windows up/down, and on the C64, Gregory Nacu is currently working on a wheel driver for his C64OS (saw his Tweet yesterday). Same here: You hover over the window in question, and the wheel will work as expected.

I do not see that in mouSTer, and I think it's a major omission of an obvious feature.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.