P96 freezes Music-X

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Amiga 4000, OS 3.2.1, 3.1.4, 3.1

When P96 is installed, it is impossible to launch Music-X. Shortly after screen switch, Amiga freezes and Guru appears. Please see video:

https://youtu.be/0UsAKEgrHMc

I tested this issue on a few configurations. This happens with ZZ9000 and CV64/3D cards at the moment P96 is installed (both old Aminet and newest IComp versions) in the system. Obviously ZZ9000 requires P96 to work. When CV64/3D with CGX is used, problem doesn't exist and Music-X works fine.

Music-X version 2.0

• What 060 card is this, and what libraries and patcher(s) do you use?

04-Guru hints at problem with intuition. However, I couldn't figure out if this is launched from an RTG screen or from an AGA screen. How is Music-X opening it's screen? It it attempting to clone the WB screenmode, or does it have it's own config where you choose a specific screen mode?

• Hi, thanks for your reply.

The card is good old Phase5 Cyberstorm MK I. About libs and patches, it's just a stock system (tested on 3.1, 3.1.4, 3.2.1 and 3.9) installed, without any extra patches, except for 68060 libraries from installation media.. On every single system everything works fine until P96 is installed. I don't touch any configuration, ScreenSize, nothing. Then, after restart the problem appears.

Music-X is always trying to open its own PAL Lo-Res screen. With CV64/3D i've tried to promote screen but since it's totally non-responsive, I've gave up.

• The card is good old Phase5 Cyberstorm MK I.

...which is known for it's aggressive memory timing. Does it behave the same if you reduce the amount of memory to a single SIMM of the highest speed grade that you have available?

About libs and patches, it's just a stock system (tested on 3.1, 3.1.4, 3.2.1 and 3.9) installed, without any extra patches, except for 68060 libraries from installation media.. On every single system everything works fine until P96 is installed. I don't touch any configuration, ScreenSize, nothing. Then, after restart the problem appears.

Does it make a difference if you replace the libraries with the Thor libs, available on Aminet?

Music-X is always trying to open its own PAL Lo-Res screen.

That sounds similar to what older DPaint versions do. Can you reproduce the same behaviour if you start DPaint? How do you view native screens: Is there a switch (and therefore a display chain active), or do you have a second monitor and no display chain activatid?

• Installing Thor libraries didn't help.

When I do anything with RAM chips on CyberStorm, it won't work. Seems it has to have at least 2 slots full in order to work. Didn't help.

DPaint freezes Amiga when I try to open it on any ZZ9000 screen. When I choose native Pal, it starts correctly.

I don't know what else information can be helpful.

• Great, thanks for the feedback. Release of this version was long delayed because we've investigated a different bug with Mediator boards, but I think it was worth the wait.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.