ACE2b correct orientation in Amiga 2000 rev 6?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello, what is the correct orientation of the ACE2b in an Amiga 2000 Rev 6? I noticed that there is s sticker on it with an arrow. Which direction should this arrow be pointing when looking at the Amiga from the front?

Thanks,

Mike

• The sticker shows the orientation that the original Agnus chip is showing to. THat's why the manual says: Take a picture of the original orientation, so you know which way round you need to orient the ACE2b product :-)

• I did but it is confusing since the chip on the card goes in reversed and upside-down. Can someone please just tell me which way the arrow is supposed to point and the problem solved :-)

I am certain someone has installed the ACE2b in an Amiga 2000 and it is working? Although the only pictures that I see are for the A500.

• I did but it is confusing since the chip on the card goes in reversed.

The manual clearly makes a reference between the original chip on the main board and the sticker. The only confusing part is that you want to apply any orientation to a chip that you don't even see.

Can someone please just tell me which way the arrow is supposed to point?

The same orientation as the original Agnus chip. That orientation is also printed on the main board of the A2000, and you should also be able to see it in the empty socket, just in case you've already removed the chip and didn't read the manual :-)

Ideally, you "look through" the ACE2b board and align the orientations of the sticker and the host socket. Maybe this wording helps?

• Okay, I used trial and error, since there a really only two possibilities, I discovered that the arrow needs to point to the right. Now it works and I have 2MB chip RAM but I have bad flicker and a blurry WB when using my preferred NTSC Hi-Res Laced mode as this provides the optimal workbench size. If I use NTSC Hi-Res mode it works fine. It is the interlaced modes which are not working correctly. Any ideas?

I will start a new topic...

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.