Reloaded Mk2 svideo issues

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Sorry, mistake on my side: The new VIC number is of course 8565. Do you have the possibility to try one, even if borrowed?

I mean, you seem to have really bad luck with the monitors an converters you're choosing. That TV that switches to Secam, converters that don't get the colour right - such a bad picture would have been caught in our QC, which every single board needs to pass before it even gets the warranty ID.

Before you blame the board (and cause enormous shipping cost from the other side of the planet), I suggest to go with the simplest-possible approach and use a classic C64 monitor or something that has a genuine S-Video input, not an adapter, because, again, all the adapters that you can get on eBay and Amazon are based on the same low-end chipset that doesn't work properly in the first place.

• Hi Jens,

I did manger to find an old TV that has an AV port. With the Dim adapter I got yesterday the picture is much better and definitely usable 😁.

Thank you for all your help. It was just my bad luck that what I had didn't work. It's a great board and looking forward to using it properly now🙂.

Thanks again 👍

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.