ECS v3 issue with Shadow of the Beast 3

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello

I found this issue with Shadow of the Beast 3 whdload (game version makes no difference, could be old whdload package or the latest 2022 one)

if you let the game play it's intro then when the main game starts the indivision does a video switch and this results to a 33.3hz image that is not displayable

if on launch of the game you select "skip intro" option in whdload popup window then the indivision does not make a video switch and the game can be played as normal.

Not sure what this is about, the intro is displaying fine on it's own and no indivision mode makes any difference, one can select one of the predefined VESA modes but the indivision will still do a video switch and will try to output a 33.3hz image

hope there is a fix for this, maybe other games are affected

thanks!

• Hi,

This does not happen on my two ECS V3 setups. I currently use Shadow of the beast III whdload v.1.5. I did what you described. Let the intro run through until it got to the menu where you see some in-game gameplay. Then started the game. No issues.

System 1: Amiga 500+ (A500++ replica board), 2MB chip, ACA 500 and fully unlocked and max overclocked ACA 1221 and BenQ BL 702A connected to ECS V3s VGA

System 2: Amiga 500+ (A500++ replica board), 2MB chip, ACA500 Plus overclocked to max (42MHz), F1 to launch and BenQ BL702A connected to ECS V3s VGA.

In both setups I use a custom 720x576 50Hz Vsync PAL profile I made. This is 1:1 to what the picture will be if I plug these monitors directly to RGB. Except it's scandoubled from the ECS V3. This profile makes my monitors switch to 720x576@50.

Did not try any other profiles.

• [...]

In both setups I use a custom 720x576 50Hz Vsync PAL profile I made. This is 1:1 to what the picture will be if I plug these monitors directly to RGB. Except it's scandoubled from the ECS V3. This profile makes my monitors switch to 720x576@50.

Did not try any other profiles.

hello!

I am using an A600 with my V3

can you please share the 720x576@50 profile?

though I do not think it is a profile issue since the V3 does a video mode switch when the intro ends and you get demo gameplay - but maybe it is causing some issue

I am currently using the same profile for wb that is set to PAL 640x512 so there should be no mode switches at all and it is true for the games I tested so far , only SOTB3 is the exception for now

• Make sure to unzip the file. the forums was not allowing me to upload the raw file

will do

looking at the .info , these 2 are the modes you have added correct?

amimode;6;720x480 60HZ Vsync NTSC ;6;36;203;720;1;480;100;1;4;1;1;0;0;2;0;1;0;250;0;0;0;19000;-1;-1

amimode;4;740x576 50Hz Vsync PAL;4;4;185;740;0;576;100;1;4;1;0;0;0;2;0;1;281;1024;0;0;0;29000;640;256

edit: file should also be renamed to a .conf one instead of .info ?

• yes. Two modes added. you should not need to rename the file. You should be able to open it in the config utility.

• ok small update, I flashed your settings again turrican9 - a couple of times - and now it seems things work

why this happened I have no idea , I messed with nothing on your config

but I am not gonna complain - time to test more!!

• ok small update, I flashed your settings again turrican9 - a couple of times - and now it seems things work

why this happened I have no idea , I messed with nothing on your config

but I am not gonna complain - time to test more!!

Nice to hear you enjoy my profile

• The config tool should have alerted you if there are unsaved changes. Make sure to exit the tool before restarting the computer or before launching any WHDload software.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.