A600 cannot be closed with Indivision v3 installed

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • That was predictable: You've sent an eMail ahead of time, when an order was not yet placed. You should have sent me an eMail if you have an order ID, so I can stop the automated process and insert something manually. With 15 days between eMail and order, where you've indicated that you'll place an order "next week" and the eMail only referring to this thread, but not containing an order ID, you're simply asking for too much research here.

I understand that this is not satisfying for you, but you have to understand our side as well: We've got extremely low workforce since late summer 2023. Practically two thirds of the workshop workforce have been ill, and there's an extreme amount of catching up to do, all while we are maintaining everyday shipments with 0-day delay. If all goes well, we'll be back on top in three to four months, so if you want "something special", it needs to fit in with our current "firefighter mode".

Jens

• Could a simple option to include a low profile strip be added to the shop system when ordering this particular product?

I'm always afraid to change anything on this flakey shop system - right now, our shipping system sees that A604n and Indivision are ordered together, and automatically includes the parts.

For Indivision ECS V4, I'm planning to use the low-profile strips by default, so the problem won't arise any more.

Jens

• We'll port some things over from the AGA MK3 version. Before you ask: Indivision ECS V4 will remain a VGA-only product. We'll add:

- Autoresolution feature

- exact whole-number multiples for the output pixel clock (resulting in zero-lag, V-Synced output)

- EDID: monitor recognition, meaning, the config tool can read the monitor's capabilities (size, available frequencies)

- live config (pan/zoom the screen with the mouse while a game/demo is running)

...and maybe one more feature that I don't want to talk about unless it's fully implemented :-)

Jens

• ...and maybe one more feature that I don't want to talk about unless it's fully implemented :-)

Jens

Flashfloppy OSD support, I hope! I sent a note to the author awhile back to contact you about the possibility. Given that ECS and floppy drives go hand in hand, this would be a great addition!

• That would be yet another feature, and it's actually prepared on the CIA adapter that is required for the LiveConfig feature: Since it also passes the Power-LED signal (I wanted to keep it compatible with the AGA MK3 version), but this is ultimately not needed for Indivision ECS V4, you can feed in a TTL-compatible serial signal that can be used as a channel from other products into the Indivision ECS V4 OSD.

I was NOT contacted by the FlashFloppy author, though. You might want to let him know that we've prepared something and could do early testing if he'll send a unit.

Jens