Amiga 1200's LED board not working when connected to the Keyrah v2's LED pins. Please, please, please help

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello everyone, i'm the proud owner of the Keyrah v2 board (very kindly donated to me along with a fully working A1200 keyboard). So my project i'm undertaking is fitting the Keyrah v2 board along with a Raspberry Pi 3b + board and all the cables that's required, inside a brand new Amiga 1200 casing (made by A1200.Net and sold by RetroPassion here in the UK).

I also purchased from R/Passion, the A1200 "LED Board" (with Power, F.Disk and H.Disk) LED's. I have tried to get the "Power and H.Disk" LED's to light up when connecting the LED board's pinheader to the correct pins on my Keyrah v2 board but i'm getting no activity at all from the LED's.

The only way i've managed to get the "Power LED" to light up, is by soldering 2x Dupont wires to 2x solder points on the underside of my R/Pi 3b + board but everything i've searched online to get the "H.Disk LED" to blink or light up when the Pi is reading the micro SD card hasn't worked at all.

All the 3x LED's on the board do work and are not faulty or blown (tested with my multimeter to double check this)

Please can anyone who has managed to get these LED's working from the Keyrah's pins, please help me.

Thank you ever so much.

• First of all, please post a picture of the connected unit to the Keyrah V2 board. The pins for LEDs are shared between A1200 and C64, so this may already be the first problem.

Next, I haven't heard that an RPi can control one of the LEDs as a SD-card access LED. Note that Keyrah is a USB keyboard, and therefore only has the caps, num-lock and scroll-lock LEDs. Unless you are running a bit of software that will forward the LED state to the USB keyboard, it will not function the way you expect it to.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.