Indi mk3 blue glitches on cold start.

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

I've had glitches on my mk3 since a long time running in native screen modes.. blue pixels appear on the screen and the OSD, sometimes randomly sometimes on border of graphics / bands. Occurs on cold start so cannot be heat related? pretty random though, sometimes ok, sometimes worse. My machine is running a 2B motherboard, without any timing fixes on the motherboard, doesn't suffer any other problems so i've not been too concerned about doing any fixes to the motherboard until maybe now. Can anyone give some expert advice on the most likely cause of these blue pixels?

Thanks!

Neil

• I had this on mine in conjunction with an LG 32" monitor. I bought a higher quality short (1M / 3ft) HDMI cable. Which seemed to resolve it.

For some reason, which I can't remember the issue came back. However, I reduced the pixel clock gradually until I got to a clock where it had gone away.

• I had this on mine in conjunction with an LG 32" monitor. I bought a higher quality short (1M / 3ft) HDMI cable. Which seemed to resolve it.

For some reason, which I can't remember the issue came back. However, I reduced the pixel clock gradually until I got to a clock where it had gone away.

oh wow, yes It has gone by changing the hdmi cable. Time will tell but thanks for the tip!

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.