ACA500Plus Rev differences

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Very proud and happy owner of a ACA500Plus that was just purchased last week. My board is a REV 2016 but I also know a REV 2018 board exists, apart from the 'button' what are the differences between these versions?

The only reason I ask is because when I ordered a plexilaser case I selected 2018 board as assumed I would be getting the later board which obviously has the hole for the button in a different place. Im just wondering what the differences are and if they even matter :)

Anyway, if you are on the fence about buying one of these ACA500PLUS please don't as they are incredible ! <3

• The button on the DisMo is in a different place, so the case top will be different.

We had to go back to the 2016 version due to chip-a-geddon. The 2018 version used a 68sec000 CPU and we've added the "resistors of shame"-protection circuit that limits damage if the board is connected the wrong way round (yes, people do that, mostly when they ignore instructions and try it on the A1000 anyway).

The 2016 is guaranteed to run at 14MHz, and the 68sec000 CPU can do a bit more. Other than that, the cards are identical: Same features, same overclocking settings, they accept the same update files and you can use the same expansions (for example ACA1234, X-Surf500).

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.