Noob question on Mk3 and old games

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi I recently bought the mk3 and I'm very impressed with it. I've managed to set different screen modes for workbench and games after reading some posts on here. However, some of my old games on Whdload no longer work, with various error messages. Some, like Microprose Pirates work ok but with graphical glitches, such as the figures during fight scenes and the main map are all heavily pixellated. Any ideas to what is happening here? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• Games usually use PAL or NTSC screen modes, so if display is substantially different from what you've had with a different monitor solution before you bought the MK3, it's most likely in the PAL or NTSC settings of the config tool for your flicker fixer.

The factory default should display all games properly, so if in doubt, I'd reset to factory defaults and see if your favourite games are displayed properly. Your monitor may show the output slightly offset and/or with black borders, but the display itself should be fine with the default.

If that doesn't help, we need more info about your monitor, and maybe a photo of what's going wrong - ideally with a picture of how it *should* look like.

• Hi, Jens, I reset everything to default I don't know much about monitors. Its a 27 inch Samsung. I'm using the hdmi interface. The hdmi cable is going through a HD converter to use it's audio output as my monitor doesn't have speakers and the amiga audio doesnt work properly, the sound just crackles.

It still displays like this. it should be two people sword fighting.

The map is terrible

But some screens are ok. It must be the animated screens?

This is how it should look.

https://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=845

• Hi Dave, I just tried Pirates on my A1200 - with the MK3 - and it looks fine. The video effects you are experiencing are unusual in my experience as related to the MK3. Have you tried downloading an alternate .slave for the WHDload and/or checked the tooltypes specific to that game?

• You might also want to remove the indivision, clean contacts with alcohol, and install it again. and then apply some pressure until it really "clicks" and sits tight.

• Thanks everyone. I decided to install the Pirates ADF via EasyADF and the graphics look fine. Not an issue with the Mk3 thank goodness.

I'm going to reinstall WHDload and then the Lha files, and see if that helps. Thank-you all for your help.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.