Keyrah v2 Docs

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello, I had some of the same questions in other threads, but I think my main issue is that I never received any documentation with my Keyrah. I have the white one. The board says to read the manual, but the only thing I find is the wiki page about it, which doesn't quite explain everything. Is there a scan available of the docs that are being referred to?

I'm still wondering if you can use the type-A port to supply power to things, as I thought that's what it was for at first, but the information about adding an internal USB header says it's just the same lines as that port. The port marked "this is NOT a power connector".. is that the USB line that goes to the PC?

• What's the warranty ID of your unit? I'd like to see what reseller it was sold through, so we can find out who took out the instruction sheet. Our QC system uses precision scales to record if the contents of a package are complete. The instruction sheet would be an easy find for that system, as it's well over 4g of weight, so it's clear that all units that left here were shipped complete with instructions.

Tobias has access to the PDFs and could upload them to the Wiki. I'm out for the rest of the day.

I'm still wondering if you can use the type-A port to supply power to things, as I thought that's what it was for at first, but the information about adding an internal USB header says it's just the same lines as that port.

Taking power from that port will violate the USB specification, as the power rating that is reported through USB will be wrong. I recommend to take power from a different part of the computer, especially if it's more than a few mA.

The port marked "this is NOT a power connector".. is that the USB line that goes to the PC?

No, that's the A600 LED connector. Pretty unlucky choice by Commodore back in the day. The USB lines are directly next to the USB-A connector: Four empty holes for a pin header. If it's the white PCB, then the D+ and D- designations may be wrong. Standard connectors will work. It's only the designation that's wrong, not the actual pinout.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.