CA-PSU stock?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • It will surely be available next year. We do see that the chip market is easing, and I Have good hopes that we can offer the CA-PSU in the first half of 2023.

• Repair completed; Your unit had the DC-output cable heavily twisted, and this has led to the contact on the 5V rail burning in a tiny spot. As a result, the output voltage was too low, because the resistance at the PCB-connector was too high.

We've introduced an additional twisting-protection at the strain relief and soldered the wires directly to the connector in this case. Still, you should avoid twisting the cable in the same direction over and over again - I assume it's like with a curled telephone cable (back when they were a thing...) that is always twisted in the same direction, until it becomes totally tangled after a few months.

Hi Jens, this post solved the same issue with my CA-PSU that was getting very warm and my computer randomly freezing and sometimes not booting. I turned the DC-output cable one half-turn to the right, now the PSU is not getting hot and my computer is stable. Great this forum exists! Thank you!

• I see these are now in stock. One question: from the photos I don't see the US adapter with 3-prongs but only 2 prongs. Is this accurate picture where the power supply is not connected to the grounding wire (3rd prong)?

• Finally, the CA-PSU is back in stock in larger quantities. The international adapters were finally released from customs on Friday, and they arrived today - all back orders have been shipped today.

Jens