ACA500plus Compatibility

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi all - apologies for the newbie question but presumably the ACA500plus is not compatible with my A600?

Looking to get my 600 back up and running after many years - if the ACA500plus will not work is there a similar device for that model?

Thanks in advance.

• I'm not Jens and I don't remember exactly, so take this with some grain of salt, please. :-)

The idea is to use such an extension as an enabler for the ACA1234. We've talked about other possible uses, but at best it's in pre-planning.

• I already have a non-assembled prototype PCB, but I goofed up on the dimensions (distance of chips on the A600 main board), so the prototype will only be good for functional, not mechanical verification.

• Thanks - so likely my best bet is an IDE to compact flash adapter then to be able to boot from a virtual hard drive?

Yes - we have such an adapter in our portfolio, and I recommend that over any other adapter for it's buffering and mechanical layout: It's pretty much impossible to install it the wrong way.

I have a doubt, is there a way to house an ACA1234 inside the A600. I can't think of how it can be placed inside.

It's going to be a tight fit, and the HD cradle needs to go (as with pretty much any accelerator).

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.