MKIII Arrived and it...sort of works. Does not survive COLD BOOT.

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Mine arrived and installed. I currently have been running a ScanPlusAGA successfully. So, I was hoping this MKIII would replace it and be great! It does not work, completely. I am getting a blank screen and ZERO VGA or HDMI signal detect on cold boot. I have tried all the things and nothing. I see mention of a rescue disk. I booted the Resue Disk. It apparently found and flashed. I did a soft reboot and now the config tool found MKIII. I picked a mode, saved and applied. I rebooted and it worked. However as soon as I turned system off and back on, MKIII is no longer detected. So, it would seem whatever the boot disk does to enable the card, is not getting saved for it to work without the boot disk. It seems like we need to add whatever the boot disk does to the WB Startup? To trigger the MKIII? An init? I don't know.

UPDATE...
    So you DO NEED to tickle, or wakeup the card using the tool the Rescue Disk uses. You need to copy flashtool to your Amiga's C: Then add to user-startup: flashtool info

Now, if you try to cold boot a GAME from disk, it won't work. Because it could not do this "hack init". So how? Well, you need to boot Workbench and let it init. Then soft reboot and insert your game disk and let it boot. Until iComp can make this fix permanent, this is the only way I know of.

• Looks like you have one of those rare setups where this happens. I've published a tool that re-launches the FPGA in this thread. I actually didn't know that the flash tool itself does the same when using "info".

I can only fix this if I can reproduce it. So far, all computers that show this behaviour are outside the EU, and owners were not willing to ship it here.

Just to collect some data and hopefully find a common denominator for these rare cases: Can you describe your setup, including everything that is connected to this computer? Please follow every single cable, including audio, video, power supply, mass-storage and input devices.

• I have the same problem. One thing I noticed is that the instructions say I have to bend a jumper out of the way, but I don't have that jumper. So this may be a motherboard version issue.

• OP in this thread has a Youtube video kind of trashing the MK3 and linking to this post. Seems a bit of unfair that they then have not engaged with attempts to troubleshoot the issue.

• I did not "mostly trash" the Mk3. That's absurd. I even linked to this post for full transparency. I showed the issues I had with with it, offered a solution, and otherwise praised it. I am always HONEST and FAIR with my reviews. Nothing that was shown was false. ALSO, I provided multiple links for where to buy it. I have received comments and emails inquiring where they can purchase. BASED OFF MY REVIEW. You are WELCOME.

• Sorry - I don't watch any review of my products, unless someone is claiming that something is seriously wrong (like fundamentally wrong statements). I didn't watch this, but merely reacted to "someone trashing", not caring if it's actually true.

I'm aware that *some* people out there don't like me and/or my products, mostly because they don't like me as a person. I can live with that, as my goal is not to be everybody's darling - the goal is to create good hardware for good computers.

If this doesn't apply to you, then thanks, that's good to hear :-)

• if you are talking about the HAM video, I purchased the Indivision AGA Mk3 because of this review. Incredible product, and it our boards might be at fault.

It was an honest and fair review. Sounds like Mr Clump is overly sensitive - this is not the way to fix problems. The way to fix issues is to openly and truthfully speak about them without getting emotional.

Without the video I would not have purchased the product.

Do I wish it would work with my late model board - yes. Do I wish I could remove or lower the time the logo is displayed - yes. Wishes are not fishes, and we must learn how to catch them.

• Honestly, I am having the same issue with my brand new MKIII for my Amiga 4000. It will not save a configuration file to the Flash onboard. The Rescue disk brings it back to life, but powering off the Amiga resets it back to defaults and it displays no screen. I have to use the rescue disk to reflash, and reload all my modes. They all vanish again on a power cycle. I will start a new thread.

• Do NOT use the rescue disk to get the card working after a cold start. Use the reset tool instead (published in this forum). This will not touch the saved settings and lets you use them.

• I cannot find the "reset tool". I boot from the rescue disk then restart before it flashes anything.

can you please provide a link, it is not in the docs: http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/Indivision_AGA_MK3/doc

Searching for "reset" talks about the rescue disk, this is very confusing. I cannot find the reset tool.

Thank you.

• This is the reset tool you looking for?

Individision AVA MK3 4000D/CD32 no signal at all

A1200 Rev2B OS 3.2| SanDisk CF64GB | Blizzard 1230 IV 64MB FPU 68882/50 | Indivision AGA MK3 | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A500 Rev6A OS 3.2| SanDisk CF16GB | ACA500+ V2 / Blizzard 1230 IV 32MB | Indivision ECS V3 | ACE2b | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A1200 Rev2B OS3.2.2 | Black Edition | SanDisk MSD32GB | PistormLite32 | Indivision AGA MK3 | RTG Picaso96 1280x1024| CA-PSU | Eizo S1933

iAmiga 27" | OS 3.2 FS-UAE | SDD 1 TB | RTG Picaso96 2560x1440

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.