Chameleon V2 and installed cartridges

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.
  • Hi,

Yesterday I received the Chameleon V2, what a great device!

I tried to use several installed cartridges on the Cham2, but only the Action Reply V5 (retro replay) seems to work.

Some boot into a normal C64 (KCS, Nordic Power), while for example the FC3 results in the bigger border with the bluescreen without text, like it's being resetted all the time.

Some only give a blackscreen (stardos) and you have to powercycle the C64.

Am I to early , are these cartridges still in beta?

- Hans

• No the cartridges work, but require the correct .crt or rom-image to be loaded. It sounds like you configured the slot to a certain type without loading the required rom. Only the retro-replay rom comes standard in the firmware. The others need to be loaded from sdcard.

• As Peter said, the options in the Menu only change the "Hardware" of the emulated cartridges. We do not (and we can not, due to copyright) provide the software for them - you can either load it using the filebrowser, or configure the chameleon to load the images from sd-card at startup.