Assistance with setup please

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi. I am struggling to get the settings exactly how I would like them on my Indivision AGA Mk2CR card for my Commodore Amiga 1200.

I have a Samsung 16x9 type of LCD TV with a resolution of 1920x1080

In workbench, I have a large black border all around the screen. I am note sure where to alter this.

When I configure the Amiga modes, I am having more success with that.

I have a copied 800x600 60hz resolution. Using 680 pixels/line and lines 520 I can get the height correct. But there is still a small gap to the left and to the right of the screen.

I tried changing the Front and Back porch settings, but I don't know what these are for and they don't seem to make a difference.

So, in the Amiga mode PAL which is using my Copy settings, do you know how to get rid of the small black lines down the side?

Also, how do I make the actual workbench screen size larger to suit my widescreen monitor?

Thankyou.

• Also, how do I make the actual workbench screen size larger to suit my widescreen monitor?

That would be the task of a graphics card, not a flicker fixer. Note that the Amiga was built during a time when 4:3 size ratio was standard, and that widescreen monitors came way after.

If you want the picture to have no black borders left and right, you'll have to live with a heavily stretched picture, which is far from what the Amiga generates.

In essence, the nature of "showing a 4:3 picture on a 16:9 screen" is either black borders left and right, or a stretched picture. If you don't like any of this, you should get a 4:3 screen. I personally use a 1280x1024 monitor on my AGA-Amigas, which is not perfectly 4:3. If you want to go for a higher resolution, a 1600x1200 monitor will do the trick even better, as it's perfectly 4:3.

• Thankyou. Ok, I will probably leave it then as the resolution is ok. But I have seen people on the Internet who have managed to get good full screen resolution. That is why I wanted to ask. :)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.