X-Surf-500 - Network problems

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I received the X-Surf last week and finally got it working.

No problems with the hardware but software...

My home network is a /23 (255.255.254.0) and it's not possible to connect. DHCP client fails to configure and when setting ip/pask/gateway manually it (sort of) connects but says "Connected?!" (with question mark) and User script is not run.

When network is a /24 (255.255.255.0) everything in "NandyDandy" ;)

I haven't had the patience to set up AMITCP manually yet.

Is this a "AMITCP" issue or is it problem with the implementation used in the built-in NetworkDisk? (Great UI BTW)

• Please understand that we can only support the "normal" case. If you deviate from what 99.9% of people are using in their homes, we must assume you're a network expert and know the powers of a fully-features TCP/IP stack like AmiTCP.

I haven't had the patience to set up AMITCP manually yet.

You'll have to do that, as our GUI-tool and DHCP client are tested against standard cases only. I'd expect that our GUI-tool is what's causing the problems, as the TCP/IP stack is really known-good for many years, probably been used in a /23 network before.

Maybe Timm has some more insight (he wrote the GUI tool), but please understand that we can't spend much time on support for this, as it's really not common to have more than 255 computers in a home network.

• I see no apparent reason what the GUI would have to do with that, but we can have a look.

Of course a /23 network is totally valid and in order, I wouldn't know why I would restrict anything to /24.

• Thank you Jens

we must assume you're a network expert and know the powers of a fully-features TCP/IP stack like AmiTCP.

I am and I don't ;)

I'd expect that our GUI-tool is what's causing the problems, as the TCP/IP stack is really known-good for many years, probably been used in a /23 network before.

Thank you, all I needed to know

please understand that we can't spend much time on support for this, as it's really not common to have more than 255 computers in a home network.

I wasn't expecting any changes - just wanted to reduce some troubleshooting :)

I've segmented my network into static and dhcp devices. A whole 192.168.168.0 range for Static and 192.168.168.0 for DHCP. Why? Because I can ^^

Just kidding, Thanks for your answer

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.