ACE2b compatibility with older games

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I was just wondering if the ACE2b can be configured to provide 512, 1mb or 2mb modes please? This is just for compatibility with older Amiga 500 titles.

Cheers!

• No game has ever has any trouble with "too much chip ram". If a game fails, it's usually because of the kickstart version, and very rarely because of ECS features. So no, ACE2b always provides 2MB chip ram and no possibility to cut it down. You may hack it by grounding the two address lines that come from the Gary adapter, but like I wrote: This won't fix a title that doesn't like a too-new-version of the Kickstart.

If you have a title that fails because of too-much-chipram, I'm very curious to learn about it!

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.