Indivision AGA MK3 A1200 rev 2B vs 1D4

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi Jens,

I received my Indivision AGA MK3, thanks!

It works perfectly in my A1200 rev 1D4 with KS 3.1, 8Gb CF and Blizzard 1230 MK4. It does not want to work in my A1200 rev 2B with KS 3.2 and 16Gb. The Indivision works, but the A1200 refuses to boot unless I remove the CF. If I remove the CF, the Kickstart screen is displayed.

Now it works in my A1200 rev 1D4, I intend to keep using it in that A1200 and keep the other Amiga as a spare. Do you happen to know what might be wrong in the rev 2B A1200? Both IDE-CF adapters are buffered. The only difference is the brand of the CF. One is a Sandisk (won't work) and the other one is a PNY (works).

• Both IDE-CF adapters are buffered.

There's a version from a different vendor that only uses a single chip, that can't be considered "buffered". However, since we're offering a properly buffered interface, a straight copy of our adapter has popped up - that may be OK. Just post pictures of these adapters, so I know what you're using.

Next question would be power supply and of course other accessories, such as accelerator, memory expansion or whatever else consumes power in that other machine. Do you know anything of the past of the 2B board? It's never excluded that the previous owner used other expansions and caused hidden damage to solder joints when adding/removing them to/from chips.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.