ZX Spectrum 128 core ported from MiST

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • This one's mostly for V2 users, since there's already a Speccy core for V1 hardware - but I've ported the MiST ZX Spectrum core to TC64 - see http://retroramblings.net/?page_id=1880

There's no direct SD card or HDF access as yet, but floppy images, tape images and snapshots should work.

As usual the C64 keyboard and joystick is supported.

(I also noticed that the Speccy core for V1 on the Wiki seems to a dead link - though it can still be accessed using archive.org's Wayback machine - so maybe this core will be useful for V1 users after all...)

• YAY! Thumbs up! 👍

Commodore: A1200/1B, ACA1234/50/68882, Indi AGA MK3, Gotek, OS3.2.1 | A1200/1D.1, ACA1221lc/26,67, OS3.1 | A500/6a, ACA500+, Indi ECS V3, OS3.1 | A500/8A, Vampire v2+, Indi ECS V2, A2048, Gotek, OS3.9| A500/5, 512kB Trap, sealed, Kick 1.2 | 2×C64C, U II+, Turbo Chameleon V2, 2×1541II, Datassette | 1084S-CRT ······· Atari: Falcon030 | 1040STE | 800XL

• Hello !
    I just wonder a little how the keyboard mapping is ? I was going to try to put stickers on a PC ps2 keyboard for Spectrum (I bought two kits of stickers) but is there a hint sheet somewhere for the special keys layout ? I know on the core page there is some keyboard info but not for all the special keys ?? Cheers and thanks for your continued porting work.

• I can't get it to work. I've installed the core using ChaCo, running the latest firmware for the TC64V2, placed the spectrum.rom in root of SD cart but get nothing but white/blue vertical stripes after reset using the F12 menu of the core. Anything I might have missed?

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.