X-Surf-100 setup problem

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

I just purchased A4000 with x-surf-100 and wanted to setup network. I followed the guide, copied the x-surf-100.devide to DEVS/networks and run the Roadshow. Copied the x-surf-100 net interface from Storage to Devs/netinterfaces. Ping/IBrowse/AmiSpeedTest throwing Host lookup failed. When I try to add net interface manually I receive the message: Could not add interface "x-surf-100" (input/otput error).

This is the result of xsurftest:

The light on the card is blinking red.

Appreciate any help!

Best regards

• The test result is positive: Card is working, memory is tested OK, packet is sent OK.

Please turn to Roadshow support (not our product), or go with the AmiTCP install disk, available in our shop.

• Thanks for the feedback. This does sound like there was not much help from the Roadshow side? I'm not saying it's a bad product! We've used it for tests as well (just to find out *how*much* faster our version of AmiTCP is), and it held up nicely.

• I just couldn't made it to work and almost gave up. To be honest I have now AmiTCP running on A4k with X-Surf-100 and Rapidroad on A2k with zz9000 and I prefer the usability of the AmiTCP so happy with the result.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.