Mk3 with a CD32 & SX32Pro

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Does it matter which of the CIAs the adapter attaches onto

Yes. Only one will work, as the four signals are only on one of the two chips - the one that serves the parallel port. Maybe you can follow traces to identify the right one?

The spacing between the chips looks awfully close. Not sure if a socket would fit over them at all.

• There's continuity between the CIA on the right only and the Parallel port so that's a bonus.

You're right the spacing is very close between the CIAs however there is just enough room for the socket to fit though it's not a very tight fit overall because of the resistors and capacitor in front preventing a firm attachment but it might just be enough.

Another slight issue is that the cable from the MK3 to the VGA/HDMI adapter is slightly short unless I have the MK3 attached wrong?

The wiki guide for solder point locations to obtain the signals, is this for the A1200 only or can it also work on the CD32 or could the guide be updated for the CD32 too?

• Orientation looks correct for both boards. Sorry, I still haven't made the page for CD32 solder points - and I'd have to double-check if it's possible that it will also work with the SX32 setup. My guess is "yes", but if you have a possibility to get the signals through the CIA adapter, I'd always prefer that.

• Will the solder points be the same regardless of the keyboard socket used at the time ? I can use either the AUX port or the kipper2k ps2 port depending on how I have the cd32 setup.

• Maybe not worded very well. The CD32 combo keyboard serial port is labelled AUX. The CD32 kipper2k riser has a ps2 keyboard port. Sometimes I have my fmv cartridge plugged in the cd32, Sometimes I have my tf330 plugged into my cd32. If you have the kipper2k riser plugged you can't use the cd32 keyboard port. So my query is as I can't use the Mk3 indivision adapter, as there is no CIA to connect it to in my case, I need to solder the four wires to the motherboard. Will the indivision pick up the keyboard presses regardless of the keyboard port used ? Hopefully that makes sense.

• Will the indivision pick up the keyboard presses regardless of the keyboard port used ?

No - if you have the SX32 mounted, the "partial" CIAs within the Akiko chip will be disabled, so the keyboard connector on the CD32 motherboard is unlikely to work - you'll need to get KBClock and KBData from the CIA chip.

Without the SX32, you'll have to take these two signals from the main board, and the easiest spot would be the connector itself.

Changing between the setups will be problematic anyway, as FMV is essentially a Genlock, and it does NOT mix into the output of Indivision. Indivision will only show Lisa output, but not FMV output.

• Hi would you ba able to update the wiki with the CD32 signal pickup points.

here are the soldering points that I used ( motherboard rev 3 )

please note that pin 125 on the expansion connector is located underneath the motherboard - there is a transition pin on top

FIRE0 -- >TP5 – test point 6 ( _FIRE0 )

PWRLED --> EXPANSION CONNECTOR – pin 125 ( _LED )

KBCLK --> D641 ( _KB_CLOCK )

KBDAT --> D642 ( _KB_DATA )

look if everything is ok :)

maybe this will help a little

• here are the soldering points that I used ( motherboard rev 3 )

please note that pin 125 on the expansion connector is located underneath the motherboard - there is a transition pin on top.

Thanks, do you have a photograph which includes the white connectors orientation?

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.