P96 Screen Switching Issue

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I've been seen some screen switching issues as noted in EAB forum: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=105576&page=20. I had some issue with CVisionPPC and PIV (as well as CVisionPPC and ZZ9000) but to remove any complications of the CVisoinPPC or ZZ9000, I did a comparison by only installing a CVision64 and a PIV card in my A4000T (all other graphic cards removed -- no CVIsionPPC installed and no ZZ9000). DISPLAYCHAIN=YES for PIV and DISPLAYCHAIN=NO for CV64. Then I did these experiments. This is not hitting exactly the same kind of case for the other combos but I do see issue in 1 case:

Note that WB=workbench screen

1) WB CV64 screen --> create PIV RTG screen. Good swapping back and forth between screens

2) WB PIV screen --> create CV64 RTG screen. Good swapping back and forth between screens

3) WB CV64 screen --> create Hires Laced. 1st time swap, flickerfixer on PIV output good. On 2nd and subsequent times, no flickerfixer output on PIV (black). If I again create PIV RTG, and then do Hires laced, it recovers first time and I see flickerfixer output. Subsequent times no flickerfixer output.

4) WB CV64 screen, keep a 2nd PIV RTG screen open, then open up a 3rd HiresLaced screen. I can swap back and forth between them and all is okay.

As mentioned in EAB forum Thor has an idea and can give a beta for me to check but need approval of my purchase.

• Please report the exact version of P96, the resolutions you're using, the CPU/memory config of the machine and of course the OS version. Since this is an A4000T - is the on-board SCSI in use, and what's the Buster version? All this may contain valuable information.

• This is P96 3.2.4 on AmigaOS3.2.1.with 3.2 ROMs.

CyberStormPPC/060 Accelerator from Phase5

Icomp X-surf and RapidRoad

Memory: 2MB chip, 16MB Motherboard fast, and 128MB on PPC/060

I'm using the onboard IDE (CD-ROM + 1 HD) and Phase5 SCSI (1 HD). At the moment I don't have anything hooked up to the on-board SCSI. It should have Buster rev 11. The A4000T is a 5/7/96 manufacturing date (think this was QuickPak manufactured?)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.