One Buddha works one does not

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I recently purchased 2 Buddha 20th Edition

I put a Buddha Interface in an A2000 and it works fine. I have connected 2 cf cards to port 1 and a CD drive to port 2.

All devices work as they should.

I put the second one in another A2000 and nothing. Wont boot from any device. BOM not working or cf cards etc.

If i put the non working buddha into the A2000 with the working Buddha. And look in ShowConfig it sees both Buddha.

If i swap the ide cable from the working Buddha to the second Buddha. It does not work. A2000 goes to purple boot insert disk screen.

If i run BuddaInstallTool it says it has already got the updates.

But i dont know which Buddha it is seeing in BuddaInstallTool.

How can i get the second Buddha to work.

Both buddha have the jumpers removed when using cf cards etc. And jumper on when i put BOM in.

• I have tried to insert a DOM into port 2 and apply the jumper of the second non working Buddha.

Then boot the machine from the Buddha with working cf cards.

And no DOM drive shows up in workbench OS.3.2.1

I run HDToolbox with Buddhascsi.device and it shows my 2 cf cards only

If i run Showconfig it sees both cards.

It shows:

Board Type Vendor Product Address Size

1 Z3 5080 ($13D8) 4 ($0004) $40000000 64MB

2 Z2 Individual Compute Buddha Flash IDE Controll $00E90000 64KB

3 Z2 Individual Compute X-Surf 100 Rev.3 Z-II/Z_I $00EA0000 64KB

4 Z2 Individual Compute Buddha Flash IDE Controll $00EB0000 64KB

5 Z2 Amiga Kit ZorRam A2000 ZII Memor $00200000 8MB

under devices it shows buddhascsi.device address= $4000E5DC Version= 52.101

I also have the ACE2B installed in both these A2000 and they work fine. Both machines have an X-surf-100. One with a Rapidroad on it.

The only big difference between the 2 machines is one had a TF536 and the other has a Vampire V2 A500.

The working Buddha works in either machine.

The non working Buddha works in Non.

• I have sorted it. The working Buddha was in Zorro slot 2. and the non working in slot 4.

I swapped the two around then run Buddhaflashtool with rom 52.101.bin. reset the machine and the BOM showed up.

I then removed BOM and jumper and swapped the cf cards to the non working Buddha and it now works.

So all is good now

• Interesting - I would have blamed the TF536 card, as that's known to cause trouble with Zorro expansions (after all, it's an A500 card). Anyway, good to hear that you've solved this.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.