40 Track D64 images to 1541

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Is it possible to connect a C= 1541 to a catweasel and write a 40 track D64 image back to a real disk. Reason I ask is that I've bought some pystronik digital games thinking I could simply copy them to my sd2iec. However it only supports 35 track D64 images.

I have a mk3 flipper and the first interaction of the mk4 pci.

Is it possible to connect a C= 1541 to a catweasel and write a 40 track D64 image back to a real disk.

No

However, if you have a regular PC drive connected to it, you can write a 40 track d64 to it if i am not remembering it completely wrong. (I don't remember if we implemented 40 Tracks in Imagetool). However, i realize those disks can not always be read correctly with a 1541 for some reason - it may help to completely erase them using a degauss coil first.

That said, i think there exist some C64 tools that can do what you want - ie read the d64 from sd2iec as a file (not mounted d64 image) and write it out to a real 1541. I dont remember if those support 40 tracks though, for example dracopy can perhaps do this. (Perhaps ask around on lemon64)

• That said, i think there exist some C64 tools that can do what you want - ie read the d64 from sd2iec as a file (not mounted d64 image) and write it out to a real 1541. I dont remember if those support 40 tracks though, for example dracopy can perhaps do this.

As the maintainer of DraCopy changed you can find the the latest version v1.0doj here now: https://github.com/doj/dracopy

Regarding to readme.md two features of the predecessor DraCopy 1.0e are missing though, namely moving files and copying SEQ and REL files. But copying a D64 file to a real disk and vice versa works. It's not clear about supporting 40 Tracks. Although a picture on GitHub of DraCopy in use insinuates 40 Tracks support, the readme file says it's still up for implementation.

• You can find out about 40 tracks support easily: if it uses only regular DOS, then it doesn't have 40 track support - it needs a bit of custom drivecode.

• Thanks all. I've gone down the parallel port to 1541 route as dracopy on github (j version) seems broken on my c64 and doesn't allow you to step back directories on the sd2iec. Version d works well, but this is a discussion for elsewhere.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.