P96/PIV window refresh issue

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • If an overlay window from Paloma-TV module is opened as per the icon tooltype, there is initially some refresh distortion visible in the window gfx. It is not possible to sgrab this, so it somehow seems to affect vram output only. Any refresh thereafter will re-render the window correctly. Suposedly there is a beta/fix for testing this? Shop Order: 109833 rgds, -gandalf

• To my knowledge, the Paloma module DMAs directly into the buffer of the PIV card, completely bypassing any software control. I have a hard time imagining how P96 can influence that.

• ok np, then I must have misunderstood the situation, and it could be the ageing hardware or something. I can use p96 v2.4.3 if need be, as this seem to not show the issue.

rgds,

-gandalf

• Thor found a typo (missing bracket) in the chip-init routine that results in a wrong memory bandwidth setting - it is very likely that the problem is caused by that. I have sent you a beta file to the eMail address that was used to place the P96 order.

Please report back here.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.