P96 does not detect card

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I have a Piccolo RTG card installed in A3000. It shows up in Boot menu as Z3 board at $40000000 with 2Mb and OK status.

After installation of P96, the monitor driver says "Could not create graphics board content for 'Piccolo', and no board shows up in P96Mode when trying to attach it.

Any ideas what to do?

• I tried the original software, but it won’t boot with it installed (I have 3.2.1 ROM and WB), and there are no test programs - just an Info that won’t run. It’s not the SD64 card either, just a basic GD5426-based card.

• Have you tried jumpering to Z2 mode? Did you try the free Aminet version of P96 to see if something broke in any of the recent updates?

Tried the Z2 only jumper, no difference. Old P96 didn't change anything either - Picasso96Mode is not seeing the board...

• That sounds very much like the card is defective. Please contact the seller for a refund, or other information on how to make it work. We can't do anything about that from this end.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.