ACE2b in Amiga 2000 rev 4.1

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I am trying to get my ACE2b installed into my Amiga 2000 rev 4.1 motherboard. I've pulled Gary out and seated the socket correctly, also cleaned the contacts in there. Also cleaned out the Agnus socket as well. Did that a few times actually. But the machine won't display anything on the screen with it installed. As a sanity check I reinstalled Gary and Agnus directly and it will display the screen again at boot.

Another thing to note, I have a 3.1.4 kickstart rom.

• Every product that leaves here has passed a single-unit test. I does not matter if your board currently has a PAL or an NTSC Agnus.

Please take a picture of the board without and with ACE2b installed - maybe I can spot something.

• Funny - normally it's the PAL frequency that monitors don't like. If you describe your monitor setup (monitor type, connector used on the Amiga), we may be able to find a fix.

• Should I jumper it back?

The Agnus on ACE2b does not see this jumper setting. It doesn't even have an input pin for it :-)

Google doesn't return anything with the monitor type "e2051n". Do you have a paper manual that shows the technical data, specifically the supported H/V frequencies?

• No, I'm not even sure where I came up with this monitor. And I haven't found anything about it either. I guess I'll just build a rgbtohdmi for it. I know my other 2000 has been picky on what shows up.

• I robbed my video slot rgbtohdmi card out of the other 2000 and I can see NTSC from this one. So it's just something weird about my 2000's and the modern monitors. I'm just going to build another card for this box and set it up like this as well. Opens up more monitor options anyhow. Also was able to install 3.1.4 on it and get that working. So no fault of the ace2b.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.