32,77 € to ship a Buddha to the USA?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Yes, it's UPS express. You'll have it in two days. We stopped using registered mail, because we lost too much money: Transit times are way longer than PayPal requires to settle a dispute. So we lost the money, and the goods, as PayPal would not re-open a case when the goods have been successfully delivered.

• Isn't there another method to ship to the US? Paying half of what the item costs for postage isn't cost effective,

Amigastore.eu charged under $30USD to get a Furia to me within a week via DHL.

Thanks.

• DHL won't guarantee that it's only a week. Sorry, I will only go with a premium service like UPS if you pay with PayPal (and pretty much all Americans use PayPal). I have explained it a lot of times, but here's a string of events that happened too often:

• customer orders, pays
    • we ship, provide tracking
    • customer gets impatient, opens PayPal case
    • we provide tracking to PayPal, file an insurance claim with shipping company
    • shipping company looks at terms&conditions, allows 8 weeks for "investigation" (yes, DHL has that, too)
    • PayPal sees that item didn't arrive in their required conflict resolution time, takes money away from iComp and charges conflict fee on top
    • PayPal closes the case with no chance of re-opening, because they see it as "resolved"
    • weeks later, the item arrives at the customer's site, and shipping company refuses to pay out insurance

As a result, iComp loses the goods, shipping, a conflict fee and lots of paperwork time. Needless to say that I have no interest in buying a lottery ticket to a lawsuit against said customers, who now just say "come and pick it up here, I don't want it any more!" (probably happily using the items).

You may know that iComp is my hobby. I'm not making any money, but I choose to work for the retro community. I even pumped private money into iComp in 2021, which has not been necessary yet in 2022. However, I don't like losing money in the way described above. I don't *need* to sell, but when I do, I want to make sure that you get your goods in due time, and in proper shape.

Easiest thing for you might be to organize a group buy to lower shipping a little.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.