ACA Edge connectors

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I read on the net about new edge connectors on newer cards are much more thick and you need to open the Amiga, unscrew it to get the card installed.

I like to swap the cards and opening the Amiga to do that is not practical. I can not get info if this is a general problem or only for users without shield installed.

Is this applicable to ACA cards if you try to install it to original Amiga 1200 with shields installed ?

• We've shipped A1200 accelerators for over a decade now, and not a single customer has complained about a requirement that removing the mainboard screws would be necessary. So no, that's not a problem, but a bad rumor.

• Hi,

My ACA1234 has a connecting slot issue, the pins appear bent and the Accelerator is no longer recognized. It appears some internal pins are out of alignment. It is hard to show in a picture, but can the connector be replaced?

Dan Beaver

• Looks like you have one of those rare A1200s without a bevelled edge and pushed quite hard to achieve such bending.

Send it back, we'll exchange the connector.

• I seem to have missed replies to the emails I sent about the return of my ACA1234 after its repair, and after sending the funds for its return. It has been months since I sent it in and the funds for shipping (€50 + €15) were sent on 19-MAY-2022 almost 3 months ago.

• Oops - hickup between the old web mailer that I've used when I last answered your eMail, and the new email server that we've set up shortly after that.

I have now re-printed the shipping instruction and make sure that it's going out with today's UPS pickup.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.