BBC Micro / Master - the first core of 2022!

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • If you're hungry for a new core to play with, here's a port of the BBC Micro / Master core from MiST!

http://retroramblings.net/?page_id=1841

As usual, you'll need the ROM file from the MiST version of the core - linked from the project page.

The MiST core's download page also links to a nice VHD file with a bunch of software pre-installed.

The C64 keyboard is supported, with the all-important break key mapped to run/stop + delete.

Have fun!

• I can currently only see it for V1 hardware. Are there any problems compiling it for V2, or did you just not get around to it yet?

It's there for both versions of the hardware - but it appears that (yet again!) I've missed a heading when using a previous core's page as a template, so the heading says "VIC20". I'll edit it when I get home this evening.

• Many thanks of new core Alastair :-) Have been briefly testing it with TC64v1 standalone, and works well so far. Maybe easiest way to use this was to download Beeb.mmb-file (newest I found is higgy_mmbeeb-v1.2) and boot it with command *exec !boot

• Hello Alaistair, First of all, thank you for releasing the BBC Micro Core for the TC64. I have now loaded a floppy image... but I have no idea how to list the contents of the floppy image or how to start a game, since I'm an absolute bbc micro beginner.

• Many thanks of new core Alastair :-) Have been briefly testing it with TC64v1 standalone, and works well so far. Maybe easiest way to use this was to download Beeb.mmb-file (newest I found is higgy_mmbeeb-v1.2) and boot it with command *exec !boot

"Beeb.mmb-file"... What ist that?!?

• It is sdcard-image whose extension is .mmb (and should be renamed .vhd as reads in Alastair's instructions). Higgy's mmbeeb v1,2 contains several games and easy menu-system, so I would recommend downloading that :) Google "updated bbc micro .mmb" or something like that and you'll find forum and link to file.

• It is sdcard-image whose extension is .mmb (and should be renamed .vhd as reads in Alastair's instructions). Higgy's mmbeeb v1,2 contains several games and easy menu-system, so I would recommend downloading that :) Google "updated bbc micro .mmb" or something like that and you'll find forum and link to file.

Thank you Mate! :-)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.