Received ACA500plus 2016 version

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello IComp Support Team,

I decided to modernize my Amiga 500. So, I purchased an ACA500plus and some other IComp products. I also ordered a case from another German company too.

The case:

https://www.plexilaser.de/ACA500plus

The ACA500plus arrived first and is working as expected. Now, the case arrived. During the assembly the DisMo button does not align with the hole in the case. This was very unexpected. On the case website, it asks if the ACA1500plus board rev is the 2016 or 2018 version. As it is 2022, I picked the 2018 version. However, it seems I received the 2016 version of the ACA500plus.

I’m unsure of my next steps. Should the ACA500plus I received be the (c) 2013 - 2016 version?

Thanks,

Ibis

• This is correct - the product description mentions the one and only functional difference of the "small DisMo" version: It's only guaranteed to run at up to 14MHz, whereas the "big Dismo" version was guaranteed to run at up to 21 MHz. In return, the ACA500plus was exempt from the price increase that we had to make on January 1st.

Maybe Plexilaser should not mention the production year (especially not in this chip shortage environment, where we are struggling to get things produced, getting creative with the designs we have), but to mention compatibility with the small or big DisMo, as that appears to be the only difference.

Your next step(s) are up to you: Of course you have the right of revocation. This applies to both the ACA500plus and the case, as Plexilaser is also located in Germany, and EU customer protection laws apply.

• Hello Jens, Good day to you, Sir.

Thanks for your explanation and clarity of the state of newly purchased ACA500plus devices.

I have no intention of returning either via right of revocation. Both the ACA500plus and case are very nice products and fit my needs. I will check about purchasing the case 2016 version cover which should solve the DisMo button access issue.

Thanks again for the quick and satisfactory response. Please close this support request.

Thanks,

Ibis

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.