c64R MKII blinking power light, blinking green status

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi, i had my MKII for more than a year, from day one it took 2 or 3 tries to come to the c64 boot screen, i always tought it was something normal, but last night it would not come on at all, just blinking power light, and blinking green status light, i replaced every chip from another C64 computer , but same happened, just blinking leds, i also hook up a pc terminal but it would not connect, just garbled symbols on screen, i turn on the MKII without CPU ans same, just blinking leds, ani advice will be greattly apprecciated

cheers mariano

>>8)

• Garbled characters in the terminal sounds like a wrong baudrate has been set. Did you ever see the remote control menu with that board, or was this your first attempt to connect to it?

• im sorry for my brief explanation, board was always working, i was always able to access the remote control menu with the terminal setup at the correct baud rate, this is when the board worked, but from day one the board always took like 5 minutes to startup, once i got it to start up it will work fine, i could shut it off and back o with no problems, but yesterday i tried to turn it on and i only got a blinking power led, and blinking status led, i could no get it to boot up, thats when i tried the Terminal and it will only show garbled caracters, it will not show the normal Remote Control Menu...;(

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.